21st Century Turning Points in U.S. History (2000-2009) examines the most significant events in America since the turn of the century: our nation under attack on her own soil, a natural disaster destroying one of her major cities, Americans facing the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression, and the nation's infrastructure - roads, water systems and electrical grids - deteriorating. It is also a decade of hope. The country elected its first African American President, the Internet connected people in ways unimaginable just ten years ago, and mapping the human genome gives the promise of a brighter, healthier future.
Educational history DVD series includes Instructor extras: Teacher's Guide, Blackline Master Quizzes, Timeline, Documents
Series of 4 programs on 4 DVDs.
Clip Length: 3 minutes
"Important events of the 'transformational' first decade of the 21st century are examined. Political, military, social, scientific, and business events are covered, including the contested presidential election of 2000, the September 11th attacks, the Iraqi war, steroid use in sports, Hurricane Katrina, illegal immigration, the iPod, social networking sites, the Human Genome Project, and more. The three to five segments in each program explain the highlighted event, place it into historical context, and analyze its immediate impact and lasting significance... This set will help students better understand how recent events continue to influence policy debates and how revolutionary (and recent) the technology they take for granted really is."- School Library Journal
- Teacher's Guide - 21st Century Turning Points
- Blackline Master Quiz - 21st Century Turning Points
- Barach Obama Victory Speech Nov. 4, 2008
- U.S. Patriot Act
- Intergovernment Panel Report Climate Change 2007
- Timeline - 21st Century Turning points
- Mitchell Report for Steroid use in Baseball
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision on 2000 Election
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision on Handgun Ban Washington D.C.
- Sept. 11th Commission Report
- ASCE 2009 Sheet - Dams