History on demand.
For the first time, experience a NEW Educational DVD production, filmed and edited to utilize the advantages of DVD in all those ways that educators have always dreamed of.
As the 18th century dawned on the North American continent, four powers, the French, the Spanish, the British and the Native Americans were competing to see who would control this remarkable land. However after half a century of almost continuous wars, a new entity emerged: The Americans. It would be the Americans not the other four powers who would control what would become the United States. In the process, the Americans created, by the end of the 18th century, the greatest experiment in self-government the world has ever seen.
For your hearing impaired and students who are using English as a second language, each DVD is both English and Spanish subtitled, options you may use or not use at your discretion.
When the DVD's are played through a computer, documents, maps and tests may be viewed on your monitor or printed (see documents below).
A must have to US History classes!
Series of 8 programs on 4 DVDs.
Clip Length: 3 minutes 47 seconds
- 18th Century Teacher's Guide
- 18th Century Test - Blackline Master
- Document: Alien Act
- Document: Declaration of Independence
- Document: Excerpts from Common Sense
- Document: Excerpts from Federalist Papers
- Document: Fugitive Slave Law of 1793
- Document: Iron Act Arguments
- Document: Molasses Act
- Document: Pinckney Treaty
- Document: The Bill of Rights
- Document: The Jay Treaty
- Document: The Land Ordinance of 1785
- Document: The Sedition Act
- Document: The Stamp Act
- Document: Treaty of Paris
- Document: Treaty of Utrect
- Document: U.S. Constitution
- Document: Washington's Farewell Address
- Map: British Territory Won (War of Jenkins Ear 1739)
- Map: French and Spanish Forts and Settlements in North America
- Map: Land Ceded to Britain (French & Indian War)
- Map: Louisiana Territory and Purchase
- Map: Major Revolutionary War Battle Sites
- Map: North America British Territory Circa 1800
- Map: North American Spanish, French and British Territories Circa 1700
- Map: Old Northwest Territory
- Map: Original 13 British Colonies
- Map: Territory Gained in the Revolutionary War
- Map: The Ohio River Basin
- Map: Triangular Trade Routes between Europe, the Caribbean, Africa & North America
- Map: United States and It's Territories Circa 1799
- Map: Wilderness Road